Understanding the Energy Star Rating on Appliances
The Energy Star Rating System was devised to give consumers an easy way to compare the energy efficiency of...Read More
If you’re lucky enough to be heading away these holidays, we have put together a few helpful tips to ensure your home is secure and safe from intruders and to prevent your house becoming a target for thieves.
Secure Your House
– Ensure all doors and windows are fitted with good quality locks and that they are secure before leaving.
– Place all valuables out of sight.
– Fit / Check external sensor lights around entrances.
– Ensure all garden tools, ladders and other tools that may be used to break into your house are locked away in your shed.
– Have side gates locked.
– Place security signage in visible places.
– Remove keys from windows and sliding doors.
– Do not leave spare keys in hiding spots around the home.
– Trim trees and shrubs that may provide cover for an intruder.
– Turn down the volume of your telephone and don’t leave a message stating you are away.
Give the appearance that someone is home
– Trim your lawn and tidy the yard prior to leaving.
– Use an automatic timer for selected lights.
– Have your neighbour put out and put away your bin on rubbish day.
– Have someone collect your mail. You can also have Australia Post hold your mail, but this will come at a cost.
A few Extra Tips
– Have a chat to your neighbours before you leave and leave them with a contact number for emergencies.
– Ensure your house and contents insurance is current and provides coverage for the correct amount.
– If heading away just after Christmas, ensure you don’t leave any electronic and other expensive items packaging laying around or in the bin, as this can alert would-be thieves as to what’s inside.
One last thing, remember to have a great holiday and take some time out for yourself!
Note: This information is provided as a guide only.
Request a Quote
If you have a question regarding any our services or to request a quote, please fill out the form below.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]